Unity teachings are based on universal spiritual principles that run like a thread through the world’s religions. These are laws that seem to govern humankind no matter where we live, how we view the Divine, or even whether we are aware these principles exist. They have been expressed in many ways through thousands of years, but the essence of them is this:
- God is all there is, present everywhere, and absolute good.
- Human beings are created in the image of God and our very essence is divine; therefore, we are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- Our lives can be changed and transformed through the power of prayer.
- Knowing these principles is not enough; we must live the truth we know.
Unity Worldwide Ministries: “Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.”